The VA certifying official is available to assist veterans, guardsmen and reservists to help access their educational benefits. Here is some useful information to help you get started on accessing and using your Veteran Benefits.
VA Certifying Official
Phone: 603-230-4000 ext. 4279
Email: [email protected]
Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Friday: 8:30am to 4:00pm
Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35 and 1606
Apply for admission into a degree or certificate program.
Provide a copy of the VA application to the college or a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or a copy of your Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
Complete the VA Certification Form.
Student using Chapter 35 benefits must provide their parents VA file number or social security number.
Important Student Responsibilities
Students are responsible for notifying the Veteran Certifying Official immediately of any action affecting their enrollment status (such as course drops, adds, or non-passing grades). Failure to do so may result in termination of benefits and incurring VA and/or school debt.
Satisfactory progress toward completion must be maintained. See academic catalog for Academic Standing requirements.
Students must follow course requirements listed in the curriculum for their stated program.
All Chapters (excluding Chapter 31), must verify their enrollment with the VA each month to receive payment. Enrollment can be verified on the last calendar day of the month by using Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling the VA toll free line at 888-442-4551.
National Guard Tuition Waiver and Veterans Tuition Assistance
- New students using Tuition Waiver and Tuition Assistance programs must be admitted to a degree program. Both programs only cover tuition. Additional fees beyond tuition must be paid by student.
- Call the Education Office.
- Fill out a FAFSA form.
- Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA).
- Apply for the NH Scholarship.
- Apply for the NH Tuition Waiver if you are attending a NH State Institution (University System and NH Community College System).
- Apply for your Montgomery GI Bill and GI Bill Kicker Benefits if appropriate.
Veterans Administration Contact Information
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the VA Education and Training website.