The Graphic Design program offers a diverse educational experience in all phases of graphic communications. The program exposes the student to a thorough scope of the industry, as well as preparing students to create and run their own freelance business. Students who complete the program will be well-versed in the modern graphics industry, and will have a variety of employment options, such as commercial or promotional needs, packaging, displays, or logos by using modern technologies. Students will take hands-on classes to learn how to use software used in the industry at a professinoal level. Students will create a portfolio of work, as well as complete a Capstone project, which can include an industry internship as a graduation requirement; this allows students to obtain the tools necessary to gain employment in the graphics field.
- Graphic Designer
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Package Designer
- Web Designer
- Production Artist
- Product Developer
- Marketing Specialist
- Multimedia Artist/Animator
As a result of completing the Graphic Design Program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the theory and processes associated with the Graphic Design profession;
- understand and use appropriately the technical vocabulary associated with the Graphic Design profession;
- demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking skills to successfully problem solve customer needs;
- produce a body of work that serves as a professional portfolio.