About Us & What We Offer
It is the mission of the Teaching, Learning, & Career Center at LRCC to offer diversified opportunities for students to achieve maximum success during their studies at the College.
Learning Center Offers:
- Friendly service
- Setting your own study pace
- Computer lab
- Support specialists
- Individualized training for college success
- Workshops in writing, career support, technology, and note and test taking strategies
- Self-help resource building
- Interactive resource bulletin board
- Career support
- Assistive technology
- Academic tutors on a walk-in basis or by appointment
- Classroom essay and research writing are taught by the instructor. The student takes the instruction and applies his/her creativity, knowledge and use of resources to write the requested assignment. The final draft may be brought into the TLCC for editing. Additional on-line assistance for essays is found in Blackboard under Smart Thinking which helps in the following areas: Introductions and Conclusions; Grammar and Mechanics; Content Development; Use of Resources; Sentence Structure; Organization; Transitions and Word Choice.