Lakes Region Community College and River Valley Community College have partnered together to offer the Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program on the LRCC campus. Students enroll at RVCC and are taught by RVCC nursing faculty. Students attend class and labs on the LRCC campus. Clinicals are held at healthcare organizations in the Lakes Region.
Becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse will prepare you for a career in a fast-paced healthcare environment in just one year. Each LPN course incorporates classroom learning with simulation laboratory activities and are designed in every way to prepare you for a successful entry into the healthcare workforce. With a high demand in New Hampshire for LPN, starting your path to your career can start today!
With our LPN program closely linked with our rigorous associate degree nursing program, students who wish to continue their healthcare career journey will be eligible to apply to the LPN to RN track at Lakes Region Community College.
Long term care, hospitals, physician/outpatient health centers, visiting nurse and home health care.
Interested students are required to attend a mandatory nursing informational session. Due to Covid-19, face-to-face info. sessions have been suspended. Please contact Eileen Glover at email@example.com; she will forward the Nursing Information Session PowerPoint presentation to you for your review. We will continue to monitor the situation and will resume our face to face info sessions as appropriate.
Effective February 8, 2021, this nursing program is a candidate for initial accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. This candidacy status expires on February 8, 2023.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Note: Upon granting of initial accreditation by the ACEN Board of Commissioners, the effective date of initial accreditation is the date on which the nursing program was approved by the ACEN as a candidate program that concluded in the Board of
Commissioners granting initial accreditation.
The Nursing Program advances the mission of both Lakes Region Community College and River Valley Community College through excellence and accessibility to pre-licensure nursing programs of study. The Nursing Program supports students in achieving their personal and professional goals as responsible and contributing members of the nursing profession and of their communities. Our program is committed to providing innovative, evidenced-based curriculum that prepares students for evolving health care systems, commitment to outstanding patient care, and encourages lifelong learning. This program prepares students to take the national council licensing examination, and enter practice as either practical or registered nurses.
- Eighty percent (80%) of students will graduate from the River Valley Community College Nursing Program within three years of the initial admission into the program.
- The first-time pass rate for River Valley Community College nursing graduates is equivalent to, or exceeds, the national pass rate for first-time test takers who are graduates of practical or associate degree nursing programs.
- Within six months of graduation from the River Valley Community College Nursing Program, ninety percent (90%) of the graduates will be employed as either Practical or Registered Professional Nurses.
Submission of a completed application packet is the responsibility of each nursing candidate. Candidates will not be considered for admission until all admission requirements have been met.
Applications for January, 2022 are now being accepted; the deadline for applications is September 30, 2021 .
Candidates must complete the college admission requirements and provide documentation of the following criteria for admission consideration:
1. Attend a nursing informational session. (This is currently offered online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org; to receive this info session).
2. Complete a college application (see the blue “Apply Now” box on the right of this page).
3. Submit all high school and college transcripts to the Admissions Department. Official transcripts may be sent directly to:
River Valley Community College
1 College Place Claremont, NH 03743
Official transcripts may also be sent directly from high school or college electronically to: RVCCAdmissions@ccsnh.edu
4. Register for and complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) of Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) – www.atitesting.com
Students must achieve minimum scoring in the following areas:
Reading – 69.0
Math – 63.3
Science – 43.8
English – 56.6
Current New Hampshire Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure is required for entry; however, you may be eligible to have this requirement waived if you are currently working in Allied Health. Please contact EGlover@ccsnh.edu and you will receive an application and skills self-survey.
Upon acceptance into the Practical Nurse program, students must provide proof of the following:
- CPR Certification – American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Test
- Medical insurance-
To be accepted health insurance must meet the following criteria:
- United States based insurance plan;
- Provides the 10 essential health benefits specified in the Affordable Care Act (https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/essential-health-benefits/);
- Includes access to hospital and physician providers in the area where the student is attending a New Hampshire community college;
- Will remain in effect for the entire semester (except for termination due to the attainment of a maximum age, or other situation resulting in a loss of plan eligibility.
|Professional Concepts in Nursing (NURS110R, BIO201R)||1||0||1|
|BIOL201R||Anatomy & Physiology (HS Chem or CHEM030R or previous college chem & A-placer Read 250, or SAT EBREW 500||3||3||4|
|NURS110R||LPN Nursing Care 1 (NURS105R, BIOL201R)||7||0||7|
Introduction to Psychology
Anatomy & Physiology II (BIOL201R)
|NURS120R||LPN Nursing Care II (NURS110R,NURS105,BIOL202R, ,PSYC101R)||7||0||7|
LPN Nursing Care III (NURS120R, PSYC114R, PSYC101R)
Prerequisite & C0-requisites are listed in parentheses. Program of study subject to change.
Total Credits: 36