Video game animation is a specialty within the computer animation field that focuses on game design and interactive aspects of animation uniquely associated with video gaming. Video game animators combine art and technology to create interactive animated images and environments for video games.
The gaming and animation developer certificate prepares students for entry-level positions in the field and provides a foundation for continued study.
GAMING AND ANIMATION DEVELOPER CERTIFICATE
|CIS136L||Introduction to Computers||2||2||3|
|CIS227L||IT Developmental Applications||2||2||3|
|CIS140L||Introduction to Programming||2||2||3|
|CIS277L||Programming for Games||2||2||3|
|CIS271L||Analyzing Software Requirements||2||2||3|
|CIS276L||Developing Web Applications||2||2||3|
|CIS292L||Mobile Application Development||2||2||3|
Total Credits: 31
Computer Technology Program candidate must:
- Have command of the English language;
- Have normal vision for reading instructions and course materials and for performing manipulative tasks;
- Be able to complete requirements for college level classes;
- Be able to understand and follow both written and oral instructions;
- Have sufficient vision to distinguish colors, read gauges, scopes, diagnostic equipment and information from a computer screen (adaptive equipment acceptable);
- Have reading comprehensive skills sufficient to read and comprehend technical literature;
- Have communication skills sufficient to prepare required reports;
- Have sufficient hearing to distinguish various sounds and noises (adaptive equipment acceptable);
- Have sufficient dexterity to perform manual skills related to computer operation.
At the completion of the program, each student will have:
- Knowledge of operating systems, applications, database systems, hardware, programming concepts, networks, and online resources;
- Knowledge of security issues, risks, tools, and policies;
- Ability to apply a systematic and methodical approach to solve problems;
- Strong documentation skills and knowledge of general business principles and project management;
- Obtain specific technical skills to enter the workplace based on the student’s chosen track;
- To think critically and make appropriate decisions based on relevant factors.