Class B CDL
The Class B CDL program is a 7-week competency based program that focuses on classroom work, vehicle inspection, pre-trip planning, maintaining daily logs, handling and documenting cargo, employer and public relations, industry regulation, and driving time.
Although the course is non-credit, participants are graded on attendance, understanding regulations, keeping logbooks, pre-trip inspection, using outisde mirrors, range skills, and road skills.
The schedule for the 7-week course (depending on weather and scheduled days off) is as follows:
- The first 4 weeks are in the classroom; Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- The last 3 week s consist of driving 2 nights a week
- Every Saturday for 7 weeks from 6:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
***A driving permit is required prior to driving***
Students who successfully complete the program earn a certificate of course completion as well as their New Hampshire Class B CDL driver's license. New Hampshire CDL testing is done here on site.
Non-Refundable Deposit: $350
Tuition Total: $4,200
**Approximate Additional Costs: $190
Total Estimated Cost for CDL-B Program: $4,390
**NOTE: Students are responsible for purchasing required books and maps (approximate cost $90). Students are also responsible for the State testing fees (approximate cost $100).
- Obtain a certified copy of Driving Record from NH Department of Motor Vehicles
- Make an appointment to sign up for the class
- Bring your Driving Record for approval
- Once approved, submit a $350 non-refundable deposit
- Complete and sign Lakes Region Community College registration forms
- A Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and pre-employment drug screen appointment will be scheduled
- After successfully completing the DOT screening, $4,200 tuition is due
- Complete CDL Pre-requirements list before the first class
PLEASE NOTE: A college application and application fee are not required for the CDL class
For more CDL Information: