Commercial Drivers License Program
Lakes Region Community College offers a tractor-trailer, competency based, driver training program that focuses on both classroom work and in-the-vehicle training time. When trainees have mastered driver competencies and earned their CDL's with tank endorsement, they begin working in the industry, often having lined-up a job before finishing the course.
The schedule for the 14 - 16 week course (depending on weather and scheduled days off) is as follows:
- The first 7 weeks are in the classroom Tuesdays and Thursdays 4-9 p.m.
- The second 7 weeks consist of driving 2 nights a week
- Every Saturday for 14 weeks consists of skills and pre-trip studies on the vehicle.
Training topics include trip planning, maintaining daily logs, handling cargo, cargo documentation, employer relations, and public relations. The course covers written and practical tests. For those who may need extra help in reading or test taking, tutoring time can be arranged with the on-campus Learning Center.
2016-2017 CDL Flyer
Students who successfully complete the CDL-A training earn a certificate of course completion and receive assistance in job-seeking skills and job placement. Even though the course is non-credit, participants are graded on attendance, understanding regulations, keeping logbooks, pre-trip inspection, range skills, and road skills.
Training applicants must be at least 18 years old, possess a valid driver's license, have a clean driving record, and possess a high school diploma or a GED. Additionally, before participants can be enrolled in the program, the program director must review their driving records to determine their suitability for employment. As a condition of enrollment, each applicant must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam, and pass a standard DOT pre-employment drug test.
- Obtain a certified copy of your Driving Record from the NH Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Make an appointment to sign up for the class. Bring your Driving Record for approval. We will review your driving record and upon approval, you will need to submit a $350 non-refundable deposit. You will also complete and sign the Lakes Region Community College registration forms.
- An appointment will then be set up for the Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam and standard DOT pre-employment drug test for the applicant at a health clinic.
- After a registrant's driver's record, physical exam and drug screening have been approved by the program director, arrangements need to be made to pay the $5,600 due to the College, The College will accept vouchers from funding agencies as well as checks and credit card payments from individual trainees or from their corporate sponsors. Deferred payment plans can be arranged through the College's business office.
*NOTE: A college application and application fee are not required for the CDL class.
Non-Refundable Deposit: $350
Approximate Additional Costs: $190**
Total Estimated Cost for CDL-A Upgrade Program: $5,790
**NOTE: Students are responsible for purchasisng required books and maps (approximate cost $90)
Financial Aid is not available for the CDL program. You may contact the Business Office to make a payment plan, or go to www.salliemae.com to apply for a student loan.
|CRN||Course #||Course Name||Dates||Cost|
|31807||NCWK5265L||Program Screening||June 6, 2017 - Sept 23, 2017||$350|
|31805||NCWK5270L||CDL Tractor Trailer Program*||June 6, 2017 - Sept 23, 2017||$5,250|
|31806||NCWK5260L||CDL Upgrade||June 6, 2017 - Sept 23, 2017||$1,850|
|31823||NCWK5275L||CDL Re-Test||June 6, 2017 - Sept 23, 2017||$250|
|14615||NCWK5265L||Program Screening||Aug 1, 2017 - Nov 11, 2017||$350|
|14613||NCWK5270L||CDL Tractor Trailer Program*||Aug 1, 2017 - Nov 11, 2017||$5,250|
|14614||NCWK5260L||CDL Upgrade||Aug 1, 2017 - Nov 11, 2017||$1,850|
|14847||NCWK5275L||CDL Re-Test||Aug 1, 2017 - Nov 11, 2017||$250|
|14776||NCWK5265L||Program Screening||Sep 26, 2017 - Jan 20, 2018||$350|
|14775||NCWK5270L||CDL Tractor Trailer Program*||Sep 26, 2017 - Jan 20, 2018||$5,250|
|14846||NCWK5260L||CDL Upgrade||Sep 26, 2017 - Jan 20, 2018||$1,850|
|14848||NCWK5275L||CDL Re-Test||Sep 26, 2017 - Jan 20, 2018||$250|
|18517||NCWK5265L||Program Screening||Nov 14, 2017 - Mar 10, 2018||$350|
|18518||NCWK5270L||CDL Tractor Trailer Program*||Nov 14, 2017 - Mar 10, 2018||$5,250|
|18519||NCWK5260L||CDL Upgrade||Nov 14, 2017 - Mar 10, 2018||$1,850|
|18520||NCWK5275L||CDL Re-Test||Nov 14, 2017 - Mar 10, 2018||$250|
|23005||NCWK5265L||Program Screening||Jan 23, 2018 - Apr 28, 2018||$350|
|23004||NCWK5270L||CDL Tractor Trailer Program*||Jan 23, 2018 - Apr 28, 2018||$5,250|
|23006||NCWK5260L||CDL Upgrade||Jan 23, 2018 - Apr 28, 2018||$1,850|
|23055||NCWK5275L||CDL Re-Test||Jan 23, 2018 - Apr 28, 2018||$250|
|23053||NCWK5265L||Program Screening||Mar 13, 2018 - Jun 23, 2018||$350|
|23052||NCWK5270L||CDL Tractor Trailer Program*||Mar 13, 2018 - Jun 23, 2018||$5,250|
|23054||NCWK5260L||CDL Upgrade||Mar 13, 2018 - Jun 23, 2018||$1,850|
|23056||NCWK5275L||CDL Re-Test||Mar 13, 2018 - Jun 23, 2018||$250|
CDL Tractor Trailer Program meets Tuesday and Thursday (4 - 9 pm) and Saturday (7 am - 3 pm)
CDL A Upgrade
For those currently holding a valid CDL-B License, this 30 hour course prepares the drivers for the CDL “A” exam.
Learn more about this option...
For those who have let their CDL License lapse, this 30 hour course prepares the drivers for the CDL “A” exam.
Learn more about this option...
For more CDL information,
Phone: 603-524-3207 X6773
Phone: 603-524-3207 X6759