Energy Efficiency Training Program
The Efficiency Training Program develops and supports a network of trained energy efficiency professionals throughout New Hampshire. In addition to a wide variety of training programs, Lakes Region Community College is a Building Performance Institute (BPI) Test Center, and a Building Operator Certification (BOC) Approved Provider.
From 2009 through 2013, Lakes Region Community College with New Hampshire Division of Economic Development, Plymouth Area Renewable Energy Initiative, and numerous partners offered low-cost Efficiency Training Program trainings through a Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Fund grant administered by the NH Public Utilities Commission. Some of these programs are continuing without grant support.
Check out our ongoing energy calendar, including:
- BPI Building Analyst energy auditor class, review and certification testing
- Building Operator (BOC) training and Level I certification
- BPI Envelope Professional certification testing
- Weatherization Installer training and BPI certification testing
- BPI Building Science Principles testing and instruction
The Efficiency Training Program continues to be involved with other energy efficiency programs, including:
Energy Issues in Existing Homes: What Real Estate Professionals Need to Know, a NHREC-approved workshop for NH real estate brokers
LRCC’s past energy efficiency trainings and activities include:
- Energy auditor / installer boot camps
- Mentoring for energy professionals
- BPI Envelope Professional training
- TREAT computer energy modeling trainings
- Manufactured Housing weatherization training and BPI certification testing
- On-site Housewarming home energy weatherization workshops
- Infrared thermal imaging, HERS Rater, and other energy professional trainings
Did you know that the New Hampshire Job Training Fund can provide NH employers with up to 50% cost-share for professional trainings such as these? Contact us for more information.
Course Registration Information:
Lakes Region Community College, www.lrcc.edu, has course registration available on the College website, as well as information about many other courses, certificate and degree programs through the Energy Services and Technology program. The New Hampshire Dept. of Resources and Economic Development, www.dred.state.nh.us, has information regarding economic development in the state. Building Performance Institute (BPI), www.bpi.org, offers a nationally recognized training, certification, and accreditation and quality-assurance programs.
For more information contact:
Andy Duncan, Energy Training Manager