Electrical Systems Installation & Maintenance
The Electrical Technology programs provide the knowledge needed for employment as an electrical construction electrician, industrial electrical technician, electrical estimator, or electrical inspector. The electrical programs meet the education requirements of the New Hampshire Electrical Licensing Board. Opportunities for electrical construction electricians are available in nearly all geographic locations. Employment opportunities exist in residential construction, industrial construction, and commercial construction as an electrician or as a maintenance electrician. Graduates may find employment as industrial electricians, maintenance electricians, electrical inspectors, electrical estimators, or in any of the high-tech electrical fields.
In order to be successful in the ESIM Program a student must:
- have command of the English language;
- have the ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- have a normal vision for reading instructions and course materials and for performing manipulative task;
- have a high school degree or equivalent;
- be able to complete requirements for college level classes;
- must be able to understand and follow both written and oral instructions;
- have sufficient vision to distinguish colors, read gauges, scopes, diagnostic equipment and information from a computer screen (adaptive equipment acceptable);
- have reading comprehension skills sufficient to read and comprehend service literature;
- have communication skills sufficient to prepare required reports;
- have sufficient hearing to distinguish various sounds and noises (adaptive equipment acceptable);
- have the physical strength to lift 50lbs;
- have sufficient dexterity to perform manual skills related to electricity.
As a result of completing the Electrical Program, the student will:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the theory and skills associated with the electrical profession;
- understand and use appropriately the technical vocabulary associated with the electrical profession;
- attain and demonstrate a high level of professional integrity in the implementation of his/her technical skills;
- possess the skills and attitudes to enable successful employment and upward mobility within the electrical profession.