AAA Northern New England Scholarship
To be considered for the AAA Northern NE Scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a New Hampshire resident
- Be enrolled full-time in the Automotive Technology Program
- Demonstrate good moral character
- Have a demonstrated financial need
The Community Colleges of New Hampshire Foundation
26 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301
DEADLINE: June 1
New Hampshire Automotive Education Foundation (NHAEF)
The New Hampshire Automotive Education Foundation (NHAEF), in conjunction with the New Hampshire Automobile Dealers Association (NHADA) and New Hampshire Charitable Foundation, offers scholarships for New Hampshire students pursuing a career in Automotive Technology at any of New Hampshire's Community Technical Colleges' Automotive Technology programs (Berlin, Laconia, Manchester, Nashua, and Stratham campuses). Applicant must be a legal New Hampshire resident and a senior in an approved New Hampshire high school or a first-year student at one of the five Lakes Region CC automotive programs at the time of application. NHAEF requires a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 in general studies and 2.5 in automotive or other technical career classes.
Massachusetts Automobile Dealers Automotive Technician Scholarship Program
Sponsored by the Massachusetts Automobile Dealers Charitable Foundation
Offers $1,000 per semester for as much as $4,000 total. Recipients must meet academic requirements each semester, including maintaining a 3.0 GPA in automotive classes.
- Students may be a recent high school graduate or retraining for a career change.
- Living or working out-of-state, as long as co-op work is with a dealership or dealer group based in Massachusetts.
- Scholarships are initially awarded to those entering their first semester. However, additional slots may open up and those already enrolled in an automotive program may qualify.
Questions regarding the scholarship should be made to 617-451-1051
SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund
The SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund was founded in 1984 to foster leadership in the specialty equipment marketplace and support educational goals for students pursuing careers in the automotive aftermarket. SEMA Scholarships are awarded annually and have been distributed to hundreds of students in support and encouragement of their educational goals.
More information can be found on the SEMA website www.sema.org/scholarships.
Scholarships are available to full time students who are at the following levels in their educational studies:
- Two-year accredited community college having completed a minimum of 25 credit hours
- Minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Must be enrolled in a full-time program of study at an accredited university, college or proprietary program in the continental United States or Canada
- Must be pursuing studies leading to a career in the automotive aftermarket or related field
- Must remain enrolled as a full-time student for the full academic year of the award
GM Women's Retail Network
The GM Women's Retail Network has established a scholarship program designed to encourage more women to consider and pusue a career in automotive retail with the ultimate goal of increasing the number of women assuming key manangment roles in automobile dealerships.
The program is open to women enrolled in undergraduate, graduate or non-traditional educational programs in automotive retail areas; or who are currently employed in an automotive dealership and enrolled in an educational program that advances their career within automotive retail.
Interested students may visit the scholarhsip website at www.gmsac.com to download a copy of the application form.
Please note: All scholarhsip applications must be postmarked no later than April 15, 2013, to receive consideration.
For more information regarding the program please contact the scholarship program headquarters:
CMS Foundation - WRN Scholarship Program
or call: 630-428-2412
Links to Scholarship Opportunities
www.awafoundation.org (Automotive Women's Alliance Foundation)
www.collegedata.com Register for lists of available scholarships. Excellent source!