A series of free workshops is being offered by Gregory Caulfield - Social Security and Medicare Planning, Retirement Planning and Investment Planning.
Mr. Caulfield entered the financial industry in 1989 after serving in the United States Air Force. He has been with Morgan Stanley (formerly Smith Barney) in Gilford, NH since 1991. Mr. Caulfield consults with clients to develop financial plans and strategies that guide them from working years through retirement and legacy planning.
“I am committed to expanding my knowledge and mastery of the ever-changing financial industry and Firm resources to better serve all clients.” In 2016, he obtained the “Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor” designation, and in 2018 earned the internal designation of Portfolio Manager.
Social Security and Medicare Planning will be held on Saturday, November 3rd from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at Lakes Region Community College's Center for Arts and Technology building, room 215. To register please visit Eventbrite
Social Security is far more complicated than most people realize. The decisions baby boomers make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they stand to receive over their lifetime.
Questions boomers are asking include:
- Will Social Security be there for me?
- How much can I expect to receive?
- When should I apply for Social Security?
- How can I maximize my benefits?
- Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
To help baby boomers better understand the Social Security system, this workshop will cover
- 5 factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
- When it makes sense to delay benefits -- and when it does not
- Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
- How to estimate your benefits
- How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Retirement Planning is being held on Saturday, November 10th from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at Lakes Region Community College's Center for Arts and Technology building, room 215. To register, please visit Eventbrite.
- Why develop a retirement plan?
- What should you include in retirement plan?
- Retirement stages
- Retirement Plans
Retirement income replacement strategies
- Systematic withdrawals from investments
- Segmenting Investment Assets
- Taxes and your retirement plan distributions
- Should you take income from taxable account, tax deferred account or tax-free account?
Investment Planning is being held on Saturday, November 17th from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at Lakes Region Community College's Center for Arts and Technology building, room 215. To register, visit Eventbrite.
Types of Investments
- Fixed Income (Bonds)
- Equities (Stocks)
- Mutual Funds
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s)
- Advisory/Managed Account
- Risk Types
- Risk Tolerance
- Asset Allocation
- Monitoring Investments
- Investment Mistakes
- Choosing a Financial Advisor